Health Professions Fair
Tuesday, April 25, 2017
10:00am - 2:00pm
Memorial Union Ballroom
What to Expect
The Health Professions Fair is a great way for students to learn about education and careers in health care. Admissions representatives from over 50 health professions schools in Oregon and across the country will be here on campus to speak with you. You are welcome to stop by any time while the Fair is open and stay for any length of time. All majors are welcome at this free event, and no registration is required. The event is set up in a table fair format. When you arrive, stop by the check-in table to receive a list of the schools attending and a map of their table locations. You are then free to visit the school’s tables to pick up informational materials and speak with admissions representatives.
The Health Professions Fair offers something for everyone:
First and Second Year Students
- Explore health profession school options
- Build networks for the future
- Get tips from school representatives on undergraduate preparation and co-curricular activities
Juniors, Seniors and Alumni
- Learn about specific programs from school representatives
- Collect application and financial aid information
- Get tips on personal statement writing, the application process, and letters of reference
Tips for Preparing for the Fair
Follow these tips to make the most of the Health Professions Fair.
- Wondering who's coming to the Fair? Take a look at the list of schools participating (list will be revised and updated daily) and check out their websites to identify schools of interest.
- Prioritize your list of schools to make effective use of your time at the Fair.
- Brainstorm questions you might ask admissions representatives. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- What is unique about program X at your university?
- What types of courses would I take in program X?
- What experiential components does program X offer (internships, rotations, etc.)?
- What does your admissions committee look for in an applicant?
- I read about XYZ on your website. Can you tell me more about that?
Have questions or need more information?
Contact the BioHealth Sciences main office: Nash 225 (541) 737-3875, BHS.Advising@oregonstate.edu