Health Professions Fair
Tuesday, April 24, 2018
10:00am - 2:00pm
Memorial Union Ballroom
What to Expect
The Health Professions Fair is a fantastic way to learn about education and careers in health care. Admissions representatives from more than 50 health professions schools in Oregon and across the country will be on campus to speak with you. You are welcome to stop by anytime during the Health Fair and to stay as long as you would like. Students from all majors are welcome at this free event. No registration is required. When you arrive, check in with us at the information table to receive a list of participating schools and a map of their table locations. You can visit any school’s table to pick up informational materials and speak with admissions representatives.
The Health Professions Fair offers something for everyone:
First and Second Year Students
- Explore health profession school options
- Build networks for the future
- Get tips from school representatives on undergraduate preparation and co-curricular activities
Juniors, Seniors and Alumni
- Learn about specific programs from school representatives
- Collect application and financial aid information
- Get tips on personal statement writing, the application process, and letters of reference
Tips for Preparing for the Fair
Follow these tips to make the most of the Health Professions Fair.
- Wondering who's coming to the Fair? Take a look at the list of schools participating (list will be revised and updated daily) and check out their websites to identify schools of interest.
- Prioritize your list of schools to make effective use of your time at the Fair.
- Brainstorm questions you might ask admissions representatives. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- What is unique about program X at your university?
- What types of courses would I take in program X?
- What experiential components does program X offer (internships, rotations, etc.)?
- What does your admissions committee look for in an applicant?
- I read about XYZ on your website. Can you tell me more about that?
Have questions or need more information?
Contact Alex Beck, Advisor BioHealth Science: (541) 737-5414, email@example.com